Can we make sure that people show commitment and respect?
- commitment to listen – including from people we are hoping to influence
- commitment to take children’s views into account
- relationships with children and adults based on mutual trust
- skills in participatory activities
- safe and ethical practice
What goals and resources do we have? And are the limits of what we can do?
- We are experts in …
- We have these people and organiastions that can help …
- We have this funding and community support …
- We have these limits on our goals or aims we have to achieve …
- We can offer these opportunities to children and young people taking part …
How can we build links with by groups of children, professionals and community members?
- Doing activities with children and families in the places where they live
- Building relationships with groups and professionals over years
- Asking people to become partners, or to attend our events
What accessible information do we need to prepare?:
- Our organisations and each participatory project
- How organisations agree to work together in any project
- Consent, Confidentiality and child safeguarding
- The responsibilities of adults participating in activities alongside children
- Opportunities for anonymity versus being named and owning creative outputs